- Excellent benefits including paid time off, CME/tuition reimbursement, 401k/retirement, etc.
- We are a two-campus system, approximately 30 miles apart, with rotation between campuses. You would be joining 5 other pathologists (3 full time and 2 part time) and a Pathologists\' assistant. No autopsies.
- On-Call (one week) in rotation every 5th week, occasional late frozen sections, clinical calls, and rare transplant organ harvest biopsy examination.
- Hospital based practice with numerous interdisciplinary tumor conferences and strong cancer program.
- This is a medical position performed in the Laboratory under standard operating procedures.
- The position requires decisions which are subject to be reviewed by the Medical Director of Laboratory Services.
- Exercises minimal supervision or work direction over employees in the areas of Chemistry, Blood Bank, Serology, Hematology, Urinalysis, Microbiology, Histology, and Cytology and may occasionally provide training for new employees.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Minimum Education And Experience
- MinimumPreferredEducation:Doctor of Medicine with residency in Anatomic and Clinical Pathology.
- ExperienceComputer/Software Knowledge:
- Licensure/CertificationCertified as a Diplomat American Board of Pathology in Anatomic and Clinical Pathology.
- Desired ExperienceAnatomic Pathology and Clinical Pathology board certified or board eligible.
- 3 to 5 years\' experience in general surgical pathology preferred but not necessary if the candidate has strong surgical pathology training or experience.
- Fellowship training in one of the following preferred but not necessary: Gastrointestinal pathology, pulmonary pathology, dermatopathology, gynecologic and/or breast pathology, neuropathology, blood banking, or hematopathology.
- Special Knowledge, Skills, And/or AbilitiesMust be proficient in reading, writing, and speaking English.
- Sufficient sight (including color discrimination), manual dexterity, and mobility to function effectively in exercising job responsibilities.